Agrément South Africa (ASA) invites South African unemployed graduates to apply for 12 months Finance Graduate / Internship Programme 2022 / 2023.
Agrément South Africa (ASA) invites applicants to apply for the following internship position based in Pretoria:
Remuneration : R113 955.00 per annum (All-inclusive Cost to Company) Reference number : ASA00068/2022
The incumbent will be provided with the opportunity to gain experience in the Finance department.
Duties and Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Review open purchase orders
- Review purchase orders and follow up long outstanding purchase orders
- Liaise with internal and external clients/customers
- Assist in Contract Management functions
- Exposure to report-writing and information-gathering
- Assist with office and logistics support
- Handle general and user enquiries
- Asset physical verification quarterly
- Asset register vs General ledger reconciliation monthly
- Perform general administrative and records management duties
- Prepare journal entries weekly
- Post bank transactions daily
- Loading of suppliers and customers (creditors & debtors)
- Debtors ‘management monthly
- Project accounting on a weekly basis
- Monthly creditors reconciliations
- Monthly debtors reconciliations
- Bank reconciliations weekly
- Processing batch payments weekly
- Petty cash reconciliations weekly
- Capturing transactions on pastel accounting system
- Review contract register monthly
- Updating commitment schedule monthly
- Proper filing system both electronic and manual daily
Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade 12
- 3-year National Diploma/Btech/Degree Financial accounting field/related.
- 1-year work experience in the Finance industry
- Knowledge and understanding of Public Finance Management Act 1 of 1999.
Skills and competencies:
- High degree of accuracy
- Thorough understanding of the business process
- Attention to detail
- Problem-solving ability
- Numerical skills
- Communication skills
- High degree of customer focus and care
- Ability to meet demanding deadlines
- Negotiation skills
- Teamwork and ability to work in groups is essential;
- Understanding of compliance to Agrément South Africa’s policies, procedures and ethics
How to apply
The candidate will be subjected to integrity checks before appointment is made. Interested parties should forward their CV’s with your name, surname, position title and reference number on the subject line (e.g. Antoinette Gerber: Position interested in: Reference no: ASA00068/2022) to email address firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 27 June 2022 before 16h30.
Agrément South Africa is committed towards increasing the representation of marginalized groups in line with its Employment Equity Policy. Please note that correspondence and communication will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates and that Agrément South Africa reserves the right to not make any appointment. Candidates who previously applied need not re-apply. Enquiries regarding the post must be sent to: email@example.com.
Agrément South Africa reserves the right not to make any appointment.
Internship Location: Pretoria, Gauteng.
Internship Closing Date: 27 June 2022.