Garden Route District Municipality invites qualifying student to apply for Bursary Programme 2023 academic year.
The Garden Route District Municipality, partnered with the Western Cape Provincial Treasury, is inviting students to apply for bursary funding for the rest of the 2022 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for studies towards a Finance or Auditing qualification, at a SAQA accredited tertiary institution.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – if you do not receive any feedback within 2 months of the closing date (by no later than 23 July 2022), please consider your application unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be currently studying full-time towards a Finance or Auditing qualification
- You must be currently studying at a recognised and accredited SAQA accredited tertiary institution
- Your parents must permanently reside within the Garden Route municipal area
How to apply
Download and complete the Garden Route District Municipality Bursary Application Form 2023 (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate or equal qualification (certified copy)
- Proof of tertiary registration (certified copy)
- Proof of statement of account from Institution (certified copy)
- Most recent examination results (certified copy)
- Parents or guardians proof of household income (certified copies of payslips if employed / sworn affidavit if unemployed)
- Proof of residential address (municipal account)
Applications must be posted to:
Records, Garden Route District Municipality
54 York Street
P.O. Box 12
Attention: Training and Development Section.
Bursary Application Closing Date: 23 May 2022.