Islamic Relief Worldwide is an international humanitarian organization that provides development programs and humanitarian relief around the globe, regardless of race, political affiliation, gender, or belief.
Reporting To: Emergency Response Coordinator
Liaises : Project officers/Assistants and Liaises Finance, Field Coordinators & Support Services Units, Human Resources department)
Reporting To: Emergency Response Coordinator
Base Location: 100% – Mandera & Garissa Field Offices
Contract: 12 Months with possibility of extension depending on performance and funding availability
The position holders will serve technically under the supervision and guidance of the Humanitarian and Emergency Response Coordinator. The project officer contributes to the effective implementation of IRK’s emergency response in Wajir and Mandera Counties. S/he will support in the overall implementation and monitoring of Emergency response project in Wajir and Mandera Counties. The project intends to save lives and livelihoods of the affected communities by improving access to basic need such as food through provision of unconditional Cash transfers to the most vulnerable household, increased access to clean water through rehabilitation of strategic water sources as well as protection of vital assets such as livestock.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Project Implementation- 60%
- Work with the Emergency Response Coordinator and other Programme staff to ensure the achievement of the objectives of IRK’s emergency Response Programmes.
- Engage the relevant stakeholders in site identification.
- Work with the project team and community representatives in the identification, selection, registration, and verification of the most vulnerable and poorest households in target communities as per IRK selection criteria Guidelines, ensuring that the targeting process is participatory and transparent.
- Conduct meetings with community representatives and beneficiaries to discuss ongoing activities, entitlements, and other relevant issues and then, share the meeting notes with relevant staff.
- Assist in preparing daily and weekly work plans for project activities and ensure these are timely shared with relevant staff, including Emergency coordinator.
- Represent IRK with different stakeholders at field level.
- Mobilize the community as necessary prior to the start of a given activity and act as a focal point for community relations.
- Be familiar with IRK’s Policy and Codes of conduct and strictly apply them.
- Be familiar with humanitarian accountability initiatives including CHS and SPHERE Standards.
- Support the team in ensuring all project activities take gender issues fully into account in Implementation. This includes the introduction of mechanisms to enable women to participate in decision making.
- Coordinate with logistics team to arrange field visits.
- Prepare the casual/enumerators attendance sheets and payment documents.
- Assist in the assessment of the water sources to be rehabilitated and supervise the implementation of the activity.
- Ensure timely implementation of project activities as per the work plan, budgetary, standards and procedures.
- Develop project implementation tools including Detailed Implementation Plans (DIPs), M&E Plans, Procurement Plans, Communication plan, weekly/monthly work plans as may be necessary.
- Carry out any other duties that are consistent with the nature of the job and its level of responsibility as may be assigned.
Monitoring and Evaluations- 20%
- Continuously monitor the humanitarian/food security situation in the target County and provide accurate reports to your line manager.
- Regular monitoring and evaluation of project implementation at field Level.
- Assist and inputs in planning, organizing, and conducting assessments and evaluations.
- Verify appropriate entitlements are given to registered beneficiaries and report immediately any inconsistencies to the line manager.
- Provide information on IRK’s Policies and complaints reporting and handling procedure for beneficiaries and local committees in target locations.
- Collect and document timely complaints and feedback received from Programme participants and report the same to relevant staff.
Documentation, Communications, and reporting- 20%
- Ensure the project target is achievement in line with the plans and result framework.
- Ensure program related documents are kept in record and properly maintained.
- Provide support in making documentation compliant as per IRK program requirement.
- Document community and stakeholders’ feedback and share with relevant stakeholders for appropriate action.
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of project reports as per IR and Donor requirements.
- Ensure compliance with the requirements of the IRK’s M&E System, Core humanitarian Standard (CHS) and other relevant policies.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- At least a university degree in disaster management, climate change adaptation, Environmental conservation, or related field.
- At least 3 years’ experience in Emergency preparedness, Response and Recovery in an NGO set up.
- Experience in Project planning, Implementation, Management, Monitoring, and evaluation and reporting as per donor requirements.
- Experience in Cash programming is mandatory.
- Excellent diplomatic skills and ability to create positive relations with government officials, international organizations, NGOs to enhance IRK’s programmes.
- Knowledge of the key issues and trends in advocacy and social mobilization.
- Past work experience with the similar geographical context is desirable.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong analytical with good attention to detail.
- Programmatic expertise on the following themes: humanitarian Interventions, DRR, gender issues, conflict, sustainable livelihoods etc.
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Power Point, MS Project, SPSS).
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team to implement the project.
- Effective IT Skills (Microsoft Office, MS word, MS Excel).
- Effective report writing skills.
- Ability to multitask and perform in busy working environment.
- Passion for work and Honesty.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict project deadlines.
- Team player.
- Ability to identify and solve problems.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Method of Application
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to Recruitment.email@example.com
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 14 October. 2022