Sensei Institute of Technology (SiT) is a leading construction skills technical training college in Kenya. We have a strong practical training that ensures everyone excels in different skills of their choice.
- Provide effective business and financial management for the school with direct responsibility for budgets and financial business plans.
- Prepare costings for the annual budget and to be responsible for producing and advising the Principals in preparing the school budget for sign off.
- Completion and present monthly management accounts and reports for Management
- Prepare other financial reports and budget tracking as requested to ensure transparency and accuracy in the monitoring of finances.
- Provide advice and direction on the planning and budget-setting process.
- Work closely with auditors as and when required.
- To control the management of budgets ensuring that finances are allocated correctly to each cost centre.
- Ensure that there are robust procedures in place for the collection and banking of all official and school fund monies.
- Ensure accuracy in all financial transactions
- Ensure that correct and efficient processes are in place
- Ensure that processes are in place for the management of administration of all monies
- Manage the ordering processes effectively ensuring resources are available when required and that ordering is tightly monitored.
- Ensure all funds due to the college are received in a timely manner and accounted for correctly.
- Undertake reconciliation of all funds on a monthly basis
- Work with key individuals within the schools to support strategic development from a financial point of view
- Produce a financial annual plan for each school with performance measures and targets and report on these as required
- Think creatively to identify areas of efficiencies and savings in the schools.
General activity areas in Finance
- Evaluating finance exposure relating to achievement of the Institutions strategic objectives.
- Streamline management of requisition and procurement processes in place.
- Track and manage all records of all class attendance and fees payments i.e(payments, processes and documentation).
- Track and analyze records of intake verses exam records.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Finance department including daily work plans.
- Manage, implement and follow up on business budgets.
- Responsible for analyzing of financial transactions and statements to ensure smooth running of the institute.
- Evaluating the effectiveness and efficiency with which resources are utilized.
- Evaluating the means of safeguarding assets and, as appropriate, verifying the existence of such assets.
- Evaluating operations or programs to ascertain whether results are consistent with established objectives and goals and whether the operations or programs are being carried out as planned.
- Reporting significant risk exposures and control issues, including fraud risks, governance issues, and other matters needed or requested by the directors.
- Knowledge on emerging issues in the industry.
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures for the finance department.
- To monitor control mechanisms implemented as part of the Accounting process and assess their operational effectiveness.
- Management of stores inventory records.
- Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting or Finance, or related course from a recognized institution
- Must be a member of Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) in good standing.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and/or Certified Information System Auditor-CISA and/or Certification in Risk Management will be an added advantage
- At least 6 years of experience directly related to the specified duties and responsibilities.
- Past experience in a similar environment will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
- Company: Sensei Institute of Technology (SiT)
- Location: Kenya
- State: Kisumu
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Finance Jobs in Kenya
Closing Date : 31 October. 2022