Head of Engineering Job Vacancy at Spektra Inc. 2022/2023: Spektra makes it extremely easy for businesses of all kinds to accept or disburse Mobile Money payments to multiple providers and currencies within minutes not months.
About The Role
We’re looking for talented Head of Engineering to join us in our journey of reinventing how money moves by building a connected wallet for a connected Africa. We have a groundbreaking vision for our product and exciting challenges to solve.
What you will do;
- Oversee Engineering activities/projects across the business
- In liaison with VP of Engineering, you will develop and implement best practice engineering vision, strategy, policies and procedures to aid and improve business performance
- You’ll ensure engineering strategies and processes are in place to meet business objectives and that they compete effectively in the market
- You’ll evaluate the challenges faced by the business and take action to mitigate risks and develop opportunities
- You’ll contribute to the overall business strategy and annual budget process
- You’ll take ownership of the engineering policy, guidelines, and any associated documents
- You’ll manage the team of technical leads and software engineers as well as manage their performance.
- You’ll Lead Dash’s technical approach to building our core platform, web apps, public and private APIs, and third-party integrations.
- You’ll ensure quality assurance and data protection procedures are adhered to.
- You’ll champion the use of agile development practices, working within a continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) framework to ship features quickly and iteratively.
- You’ll develop and implement disaster and emergency recovery plans that supports business continuity
- You’ll ensure the company’s technological processes and service comply with all requirements, laws and regulations
- You’ll build, lead and mentor engineering and technology team across the business
What you will need
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline
- Previous banking or fintech experience
- Previous experience in developing responsive Web Applications, Restful APIs & Native Mobile Applications.
- MSc in IT or Computer Science fields is a plus
- Minimum of nine (9) years of engineering experience, ideally three (3) years of fintech management experience
- Proven leadership and management skills with the ability to optimize team performance
- Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to engage, negotiate and manage key stakeholders and suppliers
- A strong desire to innovate in the FinTech field
- Set the culture for a strong engineering organization that aligns with company values and maintains our vision as we grow
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities
- Results orientated with ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines
- Technical mindset
- An appreciation of and an ability to positively resolve issues arising from different cultures
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment