Certain venues have implemented vaccine policies for the in-person National Benchmark Tests. Students are required to produce vaccine documentation when arriving to write their test.
Students who have registered to write the National Benchmark Test at Rhodes University, the University of Free State and the University of Johannesburg are reminded that vaccination mandates are implemented.
Writers are required to bring their vaccination certificate, a valid negative Rapid Antigen or PCR test on the day of the test. The tests need to be done in the following time frame:
- Rhodes University – less than 72 hours before the NBTs.
- University of the Free State – less than 7 days before the NBTs.
- University of Johannesburg – only PCR test is accepted.
Learners who applied to write the Online NBTs are requested to do a simulation before the test. The simulation needs to be completed no later than the Wednesday before the student’s online test date.
Click here to access the simulation.
Click here to see how to do the simulation.
Those who have not registered for the NBT still have an opportunity to register. Here is how to register for the NBT:
- Click here to visit the NBT website.
- Select Book Now and follow the prompts.
- Once the registration is complete you will receive a reference number which will be used when making your payment.
- EasyPay can be used to pay for the test. AQL is R125 and AQL & MATHS is R250.
Students are reminded to bring their ID cards or books on the day of their tests.