Paper Manufacturers Association of South Africa (PAMSA) invites student to apply for Bursary Programme 2023 / 2024 academic year.
The bursary will cover studies towards a Masters in Chemical Engineering, at any of the participating universities: University of Stellenbosch, University of Witwatersrand, University of Pretoria and University of North West.
Paper Manufacturers Association of South Africa (PAMSA): Bursaries 2023
The bursary will provide funding for 2 years of full-time study, to the value of R160 000 per year.
Students will also have the opportunity to acquire advanced skills during the postgraduate training, within specialist fields (including chemical analysis, process modelling, material flow analysis, material and energy balances, wood science and separation techniques).
Bursary recipients will be required to sign a contract with PAMSA industrial partner, which will require them to work for 2 years after graduation, as an engineer-in-training.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted and invited to attend an interview, which will be conducted in August 2022. Applicants who do not received any feedback, should consider their application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must preferably be a South African citizen
- You must be a BSc graduate or a final year BSc student
- You must have achieved or will achieve a minimum overall average of 60% in your final year of study
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must complete your BSc qualification in 5 years or less
- You must be interested in studying full-time towards a Masters in Chemical Engineering (focusing on biotechnology within the pulp, paper, tissue and paper packaging sectors)
- You must study at one of the following institutions: University of Stellenbosch, University of Witwatersrand, University of Pretoria or University of North West
- You must meet the requirements of the institution, for the course of study
- Your research project must benefit industry and satisfy research framework
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online at: PAMSA Bursary Application 2023-2024
Submit clear copies of the following documentation with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- Curriculum Vitae
- Full academic record/ transcripts for all years of university study (on institutions letterhead)
- Motivational letter stating why you should be awarded the bursary (1 page)
- Letter of reference from lecturer (with their contact details).
Bursary Application Closing Date: 30 June 2022.