South African Police Service (SAPS) Trainee Internships 2022 / 2023.
The South African Police Service (SAPS) is recruiting entry level Police Trainees and invites applications from young, energetic, intelligent, physically and mentally fit persons of all races and gender who are dedicated to serving their country by pursuing a career in policing for enlistment in the Basic Police Development Learning Programme (BPDLP).
Selected applicants shall participate in a Basic Police Development Learning Programme (hereafter referred to as the PROGRAMME) for a period of 21 (twenty one) months.
Reference Number: TRAINEE: 2023/2024
Successful candidates will serve as Police Trainees on contract.
After successful completion of the Training Programme, Trainees will be deployed to carry out one or more of the following functions:
- Prevent, combat and investig:ate crime;
- Maintain public order;
- Protect and secure the inhabitants of the Republic and their property;
- Uphold and enforce the law
The Programme shall consist of three phases:
- Induction Phase: One (1) month at a designated police station;
- Basic Traininq Phase: Eight (8) months Basic Training at a designated SAPS Academy (with practical training at a designated police station;
- Probation Phase: After successful completion of the Induction and the Basic Training Phases, the police trainee shall be appointed as a member of the Service under probation (12 months).
- Be a South African Citizen
- Be in possession of a Grade 12 / Senior Certificate (of which documentary proof must be furnished).
- Be proficient in at least English and one other official language
- Be between 18 and 30 years of age (on the closing date of advertisement).
- Have no previous criminal convictions and shall allow his or her fingerprints to be taken and background
- Not have any tattoo marks of which will be visible and irreconcilable with the objectives of the Service
- Be prepared to take the oath
- Body mass index of less than 30 (cirumference of < = 102 cm (males) and <= 88 cm (females))
- Undergo and pass a medical examination
- Complete and pass a physical fitness
- Undergo and pass a Psychological and Integrity assessment as determined by the National Commissioner and be found to comply with the profile of a police official
- Be prepared to successfully undergo such training as determined by the National Commissioner
- Be prepared to serve and be trained anywhere in the Republic of South Africa
The following will be an added advantage:
- An aggregate of “4′ and above in English in the final Grade12 / Senior Certificate examination
- A fully completed three (3) year National Diploma / Degree (at least a NQF 6 or higher value).
- At least a valid vehicle drivers’ licence.
Please note: Applicants who previously served in a Government Department and who were dismissed as a result of misconduct will not be considered for appointment in the South African Police Service (SAPS).
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit their applications on the official application form (download above). The post particulars and reference number of the post must be correctly specified on the application form. All instructions on the application form must be adhered to, failure to do so may result in the rejection of the application.
Reference Number: TRAINEE: 2023/2024
Applications must be hand delivered to the relevant Address:
Click Here for a list of Addresses.
To view Internship full advert Click Here
Late applications will not be accepted or considered
Correspondence will be conducted with successful applicants only and if an applicant has not been contacted within 3 months after the closing date of this advertisement, it should be accepted that such applicant was unsuccessful in his or her application.
Company : South African Police Service
Location : South Africa
Closing date: 30 June 2022