Sheila Brand Educational Trust invites qualifying students to apply for Bursary Programme for 2023 academic year.
The bursary will be awarded for Undergraduate studies in ALL fields, at the following universities: Cape Peninsula University of Technology, University of the Western Cape and Stellenbosch University.
The bursary is aimed at students who are in financial need, with a strong academic background and involvement in leadership, sport, culture and community service.
The bursary will be awarded for 1 academic year, and will be renewable based on the student achieving satisfactory academic results, financial need and overall attitude. Bursary recipients must submit written proof of their continued financial need each year.
Shortlisted applicants may be required to attend an interview with the trustees, before final selection is made.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards an undergraduate qualification
- You must be studying or accepted to study at one of these universities: CPUT (Cape Peninsula University of Technology), UWC (University of the Western Cape) or SU (Stellenbosch University)
- You must be in financial need and require partial or full funding
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must have achievements in the following sectors: leadership, sport, culture and community service
- You must NOT be receiving any other bursary, scholarship or award (unless approved by the Trust)
How to Apply
New applicants: download and complete the Sheila Brand Educational Trust Bursary Application Form 2023 (.pdf)
Current bursary holders: download and complete the Sheila Brand Educational Trust Bursary Affidavit (.pdf) – do NOT complete the above bursary application form.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation on your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Academic results for the 2022 academic year (certified copy)
- Academic results for the 2021 & 2020 academic years (certified copy)
- Parents, guardians, spouse or your own proof of income (latest payslips if employed, proof of part time or contract work, audited financial statements if self-employed, affidavit if unemployed, pension slips if applicable)
- If the grandparents act as guardians: parents death certificate (certified copy)
- Current Matriculants: motivational letter by your school principal, stating why the principal thinks you should be awarded the bursary
Note: documents must have been certified within the past 3 months.
Applications must be submitted to your university:
University of the Western Cape (UWC):
Ms Esther Seleke: email@example.com
Cape Peninsula University of Technology:
Helena Pietersen: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply online at Sheila Brand Educational Trust Bursary Application 2023
(Applicants may read how to apply for funding at SU here)
Bursary online application closing date is 30 September 2022